Why do I need an XBOX Head Set?
In this day and age of modern gaming you would be hard pressed to find someone that hasn't delved into the online world of gaming. My experience, and most lasting impression, is when I started playing Gears of War 2 on the XBOX 360. Here is where I met most of my online friends, gained the most experience, and certainly found the value that being able to communicate with teammates truly could bring to my gaming world. Let us look at what the headset is, what it can do for you, and why invest in a gaming head set. Also we will be looking at both the wired and wireless headset.
Top Rated Xbox One Headsets of September 2021
Rating is 5 out of 5
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Wireless Gaming Headset for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
- Clear Game Chat: Redesigned Gen 2 Flip-to-mute mic now seamlessly integrates into the headset when muted, and a larger diameter mic provides clear chat
- Immersive Audio Experience: Hear every vital audio detail with Windows Sonic surround sound, Turtle Beach exclusive Superhuman Hearing sound setting and four signature audio presets
- Plush Comfort and Robust Construction: Soft, breathable ear cushions and integrated ProSpecs glasses relief system provide comfort for hours of gaming, and strong reinforced hinges and headband ensure long-lasting durability
- Enhanced Audio for Gaming: Featuring refined ear cup acoustics and expertly tuned 50 millimeter speakers, for accurate, immersive audio providing you a distinct gameplay advantage
- 15-hour Battery Life: Always be prepared to play with up to 15 hours of battery life per charge for a rock-solid console connection via a new wireless mini-USB transmitter
Rating is 4.9 out of 5
HyperX CloudX, Official Xbox Licensed Gaming Headset, Compatible with Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, Memory Foam Ear Cushions, Detachable Noise-Cancelling Mic, in-line Audio Controls, Silver
- Official Xbox licensed headset: CloudX was tested by Microsoft and works with Xbox controllers that have a 3.5 millimeter headset jack.
- Signature HyperX comfort: Cloud’s legendary comfort will keep you gaming strong during those marathon gaming sessions.
- Durable aluminum frame: The sturdy aluminum frame provides reliable durability and stability.
- Immersive in-game audio: Enhanced bass reproduction and crystal clear lows, mids, and highs help fully immerse you in your gaming.
- [Convenient in-line audio control]: Intuitive in-line audio controls allow you to adjust volume and mute mic without having to dig into console settings.
- Detachable noise-cancellation microphone: The flexible, detachable mic can be easily positioned as you like it, and removed if you’re enjoying music.
- Flexible braided cable: The tough braided cable is engineered to withstand the perils of daily gaming and is flexible to allow you to move freely.
Rating is 4.8 out of 5
HyperX Cloud Stinger - Gaming Headset – Comfortable HyperX Signature Memory Foam, Swivel to Mute Noise-Cancellation Microphone, Compatible with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Mobile Devices
- No.1 selling PC gaming headset in the U.S. - Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. retail tracking service, PC headsets, gaming designed, based on units, January-December 2019
- Lightweight headset (275 gram) with 90-degree rotating ear cups provide a snug fit that conforms to your head
- 50 millimeter directional drivers for audio precision — enjoy the full audioscape of your favorite games
- HyperX signature memory foam provides maximum comfort during extended use
- Adjustable steel slider for a solid and long lasting sturdy feel
- Intuitive volume control on headset ear cup
- Swivel-to-mute noise-cancellation microphone so you’ll always know when you’re muted
- Multi-platform compatibility: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and more
Rating is 4.7 out of 5
Turtle Beach Recon 70 Gaming Headset for Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PS4 Pro & PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Mobile
- Flip up mic: Turtle Beach's renowned high sensitivity mic picks up your voice loud and clear and flips up to mute
- Surround sound ready: Optimized for Windows Sonic; Windows Sonic by Microsoft for Xbox One and compatible Windows 10 PCs; Also compatible with Dolby Atmos (additional purchase may be required)
- High quality 40 millimeter speakers: Superior 40 millimeter over ear speakers produce crisp highs and thundering lows
- Multiplatform compatibility: Designed for Xbox One and Xbox Series X; Works great with PS4 Pro and PS4, Nintendo Switch’s 3.5 millimeter jack, and mobile devices and PCs with a 3.5 millimeter jack (PCs with green and pink jacks require a PC splitter cable (sold separately)
- Premium ear cushions: Synthetic leather wrapped ear cushions provide added comfort, improved bass response and better noise isolation
Rating is 4.6 out of 5
Razer Kraken X Ultralight Gaming Headset: 7.1 Surround Sound - Lightweight Aluminum Frame - Bendable Cardioid Microphone - PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile - Black
- Immersive, 7.1 Surround Sound for Positional Audio: Outfitted with custom-tuned 40 millimeter drivers, capable of software-enabled surround sound when used for PC gaming only (download code slip inside the box)
- Designed for All-Day Comfort: The lightest Kraken headset ever at 250 grams, around 40% lighter than the competition
- Bendable Noise Cancelling Microphone: A cardioid mic reduces background and ambient noises for crystal-clear communication
- In-Headset Audio Controls: Includes an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch on the headset for quick and convenient adjustments
- Durable Construction: The Kraken X frame is flexible and built to last, able to withstand daily, care-free use
Rating is 4.5 out of 5
HyperX CloudX Stinger Core - Official Licensed for Xbox, Gaming Headset with In-Line Audio Control, Immersive In-Game Audio, Microphone
- Official Xbox licensed headset
- Optimized for comfort and convenience
- Immersive in-game audio
- Compatible with Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Rating is 4.4 out of 5
BENGOO G9700 Gaming Headset Headphones for PS4 PS5 Xbox One PC Controller, Noise Canceling Over Ear Headphones with Mic, White LED Light, Bass Surround Sound, Earmuffs for Nintendo 64 Gameboy Advance
- Multi-Platform Compatible - Support PS4, PS5, New Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Laptop, Tablet, iPad, Computer, Mobile Phone, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Wii, Gamboy Advance. Please note that you need an extra Microsoft Adapter (Not Included) when connect with an old version Xbox One controller. These gaming headset are perfect for various games like Halo 5 Guardians, Metal Gear Solid, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront, Overwatch, World of Warcraft Legion, etc.
- Humanized Design and White LED Lights - Made up of the skin-friendly and thickened memory foam, which is better reduce head pressure, offers you the most extreme using experience, adjustable headbands and comfortable leatherette ear cups allows your long-time wearing without fatigue. Meanwhile, it is suitable for various head shapes. The USB plug is for the white LED lights, which could highlight your gaming atmosphere well.
- 3D Immersive Surround Sound - Clear sound operating strong bass, splendid ambient noise isolation and high precision 50mm magnetic neodymium driver, which delivers you particularly clear sound with full dynamic range and rich bass. And makes you sense voice of every details clearly in your games for a best gaming experience.
- 720°Noise Isolating Microphone - The headset mic of the G9700 headset owns a noise reduction chip which can transmits high quality communication with its premium noise-canceling feature. 720°flexible microphone can be adjusted to any angles as you like, transferring the fantastic-quality voice while you are gaming or chatting.
- In-line Control and Adjustable Ear Cups - In-line control with Volume+/-, one-key mute and LED button, which is convenient for you to adjust the settings of the headset at anytime you need without interrupting your gaming. With the adjustable soft memory earmuffs, the headset could be better fit with your ears, not as rigid as the traditional.
Rating is 4.3 out of 5
RUNMUS Gaming Headset Xbox One Headset with 7.1 Surround Sound Stereo, PS4 Headset with Noise Canceling Mic & LED Light, Compatible with PC, PS4, Xbox One Controller(Adapter Needed), Nintendo Switch
- 50MM DRIVER DELIVERS SURROUND SOUND. Whether you're immersed in God of War or want to hear your enemies motion in Fortnite, PUBG or CS:GO, wearing a professional gaming headset does matters. With a 50mm driver, RUNMUS PS4 headset offers an incredibly surround sound for both games and music.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN & PREMIUM MATERIAL. Gamers usually play games for many hours, so the comfort is also a key factor when choosing a Xbox one headset. We have tested our headsets for many years on hundreds of different heads, the retractable band and breathable ear pad make sure every player could enjoy the optimal wearing comfort.
- MULTIPLE PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY. This gaming headset with a 3.5mm audio jack is compatible with PC, PS4 controller, Xbox One controller(Please note: newer models have a headphone jack, older ones require an adapter.), Nintendo Switch (audio), Nintendo New 3DS LL/3DS (audio), Nintendo 3DS LL/3DS (audio).
- NOISE CANCELING MICROPHONE. This PS5 headset provides high-end noise cancellation to enable you to chat to your fellow players with crystal clarity. If you wanna enjoy your valuable me-time without communicating with other players, you could turn off the mic by flipping the switch.
What does the XBOX headset do?
An xbox headset or wireless headset seems like a simple device, but what it can deliver is of exceeding value. First, it gives you a voice in an online world. Being able to communicate with your multiplayer teammates via your xbox headset, stating your goals and objectives, and honestly being able to talk trash back to the losing team are the primary reasons people use them. However, I want you to look at a game like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. This game is built on the notion that the main character is entering psychosis. By wearing the headset, the experience of the game changes completely as you can hear the voices in her head talking to you from both ears. Apply this to other games and you can imagine the ability to hear players moving behind you, changes in the environment, and changes in the music will all be instrumental in improving your gaming experience.
Do I need a headset for XBOX One?
In all honesty, with the gambit of single player games, you do not "need" a headset for the XBOX One. With that caveat out of the way the truth is if you want to dive into the multiplayer world I would say it is not only a great idea, but essential to have a head set for the new world of gaming. Headsets tie us into the world that we are exploring even if you just enjoy the single player campaigns. The current xbox headset version I use cancels noise around me and pulls me into the world of the game. There are unexpected birds chirping, the music is captivating, and I hear gunfire far quicker than I would if I was just listening through the speakers on my television. If you want to delve into the multiplayer world then I say without hesitancy that a head set is the difference between an excellent experience and you being the player that drags the team down by being off page with the goal.
Why do pro gamers use two headsets?
It may seem strange to see someone on a live stream of Fortnite to be using two xbox headsets. This is obviously not a requirement of the game so why do they do it. The first and most obvious reason is they are communicating with the player/team they are engaged with. Many times during my viewing of live streams of Call of Duty, Destiny, and Fortnite to name a few it is clear the streamer is communicating throughout the game with a team. Second, and probably not so obvious, they are communicating with the stream of people they are trying to entertain as well as maybe personnel in the room. Depending on the streamer, they may have someone helping with video, tracking time, or handling subscriptions/donations throughout the stream. Most gamers I have viewed use a wireless headseat for the stream and a normal xbox headset to communicate within the game.
How Much will the new Xbox head set cost?
How much you choose to spend on an XBOX head set should be in line with your level of involvement in gaming and how you play. By how you play, I mean do you choose to be wireless or wired as both are features you can use dependent on the head set. As a personal choice, much like with my controller, I prefer to stay with the budget wired xbox headset. I use an easy input on the bottom of my controller to connect my headset and away I go into the world of gaming. This is a personal choice to me as I tend to play for long periods of time and do not want to deal with changing controllers, changing batteries, or having my headset lose power at a crucial moment in a versus match. If you are a casual gamer, have a large room that you play in, or frankly do not choose to deal with wires then the wireless headset will be the way to go for you. Prices for both wired and wireless range from the $30.00 to the $300.00. This is wholly depending on what you are looking for in a head set. Multiple sites as well as XBOX marketplace have a range on both reviewed and tested wired and wireless headset set ups that will fit any gamer's needs. How much you choose to invest in one is entirely up to you as the market has many options when it comes to an xbox headset.