Frontier Developments, england studio behind games like Elite: Dangerous and Planet Coaster, held the Frontier Expo 2017 in the uk last Saturday.
At the case, the developers announced the roadmap of updates going to Elite: Dangerous moving forward. This is a introduction to the highlights build about the official subreddit in the game.
- 2018’s series of updates might be called “Beyond”, using the first release happening in Q1 2018 and will also be free for people who own Horizon.
- Planetary Tech rework C new lighting system, material rendering pass, diversification of landscape, and many more.
- Planetary Terrain Rework: Addition of Rock Scatter update for larger size and scale of terrain objects, alongside localized fog effects too to be able to different planet types feel more dissimilar to each other.
- Quality of Life improvements C Better Crime and Punishment (including better armed system authority), Better trading data for lots more informed decision making, Wing Missions, and Engineering to be reworked to make sure improved equipment for players.
- Guardian Arc to generally be revisited, providing new content which include Guardian tech; notably new hardpoint equipment. These will have to be unlocked for players with an individual basis (through “personal narratives”), versus how you will are unlocking the actual AX weapons through Community Goals.
- Galnet Audio: Galnet will likely be provided with a text-to-speech medium to its articles.
- “A more ships to come”: Up to now, Type-10, Krait and Chieftain ships are confirmed. Latter two are Lakon projects with the Alliance.
- Squadrons C The latest platform for that clan-like system offering enhanced communications to get a collection of players. Also giving the ability for Squadrons to invest in ship carriers, which enables players to rearm, repair, refuel and respawn.
- Mining to be revisited C Devs desire to invoke feelings of “Wild West Prospecting”, giving players new tools to find and exploit ore reserves.
- Exploration to get revisited C Might be updated to feature a suite most recent activities to get and interact with. Together with Exploration missions plus a Codex to log discoveries and act as a sort of encyclopedia for space anomalies. By having new effects, phenomenae and anomalies to find out.
- Thargoid Arc extended: Story will naturally be progressed, while using the introduction of your new ship or “clan” of Thargoids.
In other Frontier news, the studio also revealed the very first look trailer at Jurassic World Evolution, caused by launch the coming year. Find out about it below.